Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beginning of the School Year

So as we are settling in to the first month of school, things around me are stating to fall into place. This year was filled with commotion and chaos. My twins were starting kindergarten. With that came soccer, gymnastics, and karate. In addition to all of that I was taking two classes at Molloy. Can we say overwhelming. I know I can. But as the school year began all I heard around me was I can't, I won't, and I don't know how to. Well you could understand my frustration. I began to loose it. I beacame stressed out and unable to control my feelings. What was I to do? I knew that I needed an intervention. Someone or something to snap me out of it. Well luckily my husband and my family gave me a day to myself to enjoy some peace and quiet. A day was all I needed. I took the day to get a massage, read a good book, other than textbooks, and enjoy the calmness that ran over me.

Vocabulary words
commotion
chaos
overwhelming
frustration
intervention
calm

Vocabulary activity
Using the vocabulary words children will use paint swatches to create synonms for each of the words. this helps the children tier words to build academic language.

Grammar Point
Looking at contractions, change each contraction can't won't don't

4 comments:

  1. The vocabulary activity with the paint swatches sounds interesting. Can you tell us in class how it works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the paint swatch activity the other day online that's weird that she just wrote about it! I got some swatches from ace where I work I can send you the link if you want.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you just need a day to yourself! Your life really sounds overwhelming and I am sure that people expect alot out of you . But you just need that one day to get your mind back and focus on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life does sound overwhelming. My best friend has a one year old while going to school and student teaching. Both of you definitely work hard.

    ReplyDelete