Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hotel Transylvania

Over the weekend I took my children to the movies to see Hotel Transylvania. Here is a movie, although animated is for both children and adults. I guess the reason behind that being that in order to get parents to bring their children to the theater it must entertain them as well. Being that Halloween is just a few weeks away, I decided that this was the movie to see. I must say that I think I enjoyed it more than my children. The humor was definately over their heads but I was completely amused. I laughed throughout the entire movie. Maybe the cast had something to do with it. Adam Sandler, Kevin James and Steve Buschemi to name a few. With a cast like that how can it not be?







Vocabulary

animated- cartoon like
theater-Place to watch a performance
entertain-to engage a person
humor-enjoyment of things that are funny
amused-to make someone laugh
cast-people that are part of a performance

Vocabulary activity

Students can begin to keep a vocabulary dictionary. This dictionary will have the word, a written definition a picture that can can associate with the meaning of the word.



Grammar Point

Children will be able to highlight and identify nouns, verbs, and adjectives within a given situation.

Grammar Activity

The students can play a word association game listing words (nouns, verbs, adjectives) that are associated with a given topic. Their partner would have to guess what it is that they are talking about.

For example:
slide
picnic
maze
flying a kite
swings
Answer: The park

No comments:

Post a Comment