Saturday, December 1, 2012

Traveling Abroad







My husband and I were out to dinner one night after the horrific storm. As we were sitting there he posed a question to me that I am still unable to answer.
"Where do you want to go after we have repaired our home from this disaster?"
I sat there and contemplated all of the places in the world that I would like to visit. Many ideas came to my mind.
"Where is warm enough?"
"Who would I like to join us?"
"How long do I have?"
The choices were endless. There were so many place that I would like to go that I have never been before like, Spain, Turks and Caicos, Ireland, and even parts of the United States. Before children, my husband and I traveled often. We have been to Italy , Greece, and many of the Carribean islands. One idea that I realized is that, of all the places that I have been in Europe, what I find most facinating is visiting the many churches along the way. What I remembered is that from visiting thoses churches I found a sense of serenity and peacefulness that I had never felt before. Each church is distinct in its own way. Although I enjoy the many beaches and seerenity that that brings me, I knew that what I need after all is different. Growing up I always went to church with my grandparents and it almost felt forced. Now that I am older and wiser if you will it brings a different feeling.

Vocabulary
posed- brought to attention
contemplated-thought about
often- frequently
serenity- peaceful
distinct-different

Vocabulary activity

Create a "spinning wheel" using two cardboard circles of different sizes and a brass fastener. On the outer wheel write the vocabulay word; on the inner wheel write the definition. Punch holes in the center of each circle and fasten them together. Have your child spin the wheel to practice matching the vocaulary words with their definition.


Grammar point
Students will be able to identify multiple question words and change their town to fit asking a question.

Grammar activity
Students will create a series of questions to interview a classmate to learn more about them.

2 comments:

  1. You should go to Spain! It is beautiful! I lived in Alicante, which is a city with a beach! If you want to see churches however go to Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do take a vacation after this semester and the hurricane!
    I know that my parents gave up their own lives for my brother and I to give us the best life possible, and now that were older my parents go on cruises all over the world like its no one's business!
    You are doing the right thing and I know that your children are greatful to have such a wonderful mother! You will soon be rewarded like my parents have :) See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete