Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wine and Health

6 Reasons Why a Little Glass of Wine Each Day May Do You Good


While parousing the web I discovered this very fascinating article on the effects of wine and an individuals health. I was astounded at how many beneits wine has on the average individual. How nay times do we hear conflicting ideas over certain topics? It's worth taking a look at. Maybe we should all become wine drinkers.
http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20410287_1,00.html

Vocabulary
parousing- looking around
discovered- found
fascinating- great
astounded- surprised
benefits- positive effects
conflicting- opposing views

Vocabulary activity

Vocabulary Bingo -- Students can write their vocabulary words in a bingo sheet and you call out the words.

Grammar point

Since conflicting means opposite, children will be able to identify the antonyms of certain words.

Grammar activity

Students will play an online matching game in which they need to match the antonym to the correct oppopsite






2 comments:

  1. That's very interesting. I was never really a wine drinker. I usually drank liquor but as I am getting holder I cannot handle it as much as I used to be able to. Plus liquor is fattening and unhealthy. I recently started drinking wine and might just stick to that. Of course on a few occasions I might drink other drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we will have to test this theory!

    ReplyDelete